U15 Program of Excellence
The HEO U15 Program of Excellence is an introductory level program offered by Hockey Eastern Ontario to start and educate young players on the Hockey Canada POE Pathway. Each year HEO enters a U16 Branch team (end of their Minor Midget year) in the OHL Gold Cup, one of three events where Hockey Canada selects the top players to attend their U17 POE National development Camp in Calgary. We run the HEO U15 POE camp to help make players aware of the POE and what the next steps are.
This is NOT your typical hockey camp. The program runs over a single weekend (Friday - Sunday) and provides players on ice development sessions with HEO High Performance coaches and certified Hockey Canada instructors. The program also offers off ice sessions with experts in areas such as nutrition, physical training, mental training and social media.
The program is open to players that played Major Bantam AA and AAA in the season proceeding the camp.
will receive the following:
- approximatley 8 hours of on ice skill development and instruction
- Hockey Canada skills instructors and High Performance coaches
- on ice testing
- dedicated goaltender skill development session
- off ice fitness testing
- classroom sessions on nutrition, mental prep, social media and the POE pathway
- POE T-shirt, shorts and ball cap
- jersey and socks
- meals and snacks
For more information please email Jeff Robert, Development Programs Officer