Game Incident Reports
During the course of the season, situations will arise where officials are required to report certain incidents that occur during a game. Incident reports are generally completed by the referee (in the three-official system) or the official who called the infraction (in the two-official and four-official systems).
Hockey Eastern Ontario requires that officials complete an incident report within 24 hours of the game any time when one or more of the following situations occur in your game:
- Calling of a Misconduct Penalty
- Calling of a Game Misconduct Penalty (including Checking from Behind 2+GM)
- Calling of any Major Penalty
- Calling of a Gross Misconduct
- Calling of a Match Penalty
- Call of Harassment of an Official (Verbal or Physical)
- Unusual Circumstances (Power Outage, rink issues, Safety concerns, etc…)
- Situations during the pre-game warm up (Neck Guards, Too many players, etc.)
Game Incident Reporting will be covered in your online and in-person clinics to prepare and assist officials with some specific procedures and guidelines in reporting an incident. Your Referee-in-Chief is also available to assist you with incident reporting should you have any questions or require assistance.