High Performance 1
The High Performance 1 (HP1) Coaching clinic is an enriched development experience for coaches, which features in-class sessions, group work, a written assignment, online CAC evaluations and a field evaluation. The High Performance 1 program is for those who are head coaches at Bantam AAA, Midget AAA and Junior A and who have aspirations to coach at national and international competitions. Coaches must achieve certified status to be eligible to hold head coach positions at the High Performance 1 levels listed above. Trained status does not provide eligibility. Coaches should consult the HP1 Certification Policy for more detail and information.
Coaches seeking certification at the HP1 level must successfully complete the following:
• Attend a 5 day clinic
• Complete and pass a written assignment
• Complete and pass a field evaluation of both practice and game
• Complete and pass the CAC Make Ethical Decisions (Competition-Development) online evaluation
• Complete and pass the CAC Leading Drug Free Sport online evaluation
• Complete and pass the CAC Managing Conflict online evaluations
• The inclass clinic provides the coach with the instruction and content to prepare him/her to pass the CAC online evaluations.
• The CAC online evaluations are accessed through the My Locker app on the Coach.ca website.
HP1 Curriculum Includes: