High Performance 1
The High Performance 1 (HP1) Coaching clinic is an enriched development experience for coaches, which features in-class sessions, group work, a written assignment and a field evaluation. The High Performance program is for those who are coaching players in the Bantam AAA, Midget AAA and Junior A age categories and who have aspirations to coach at national and international competitions. Coaches must achieve certified status to hold positions at the High Performance 1 level. Trained status does not provide eligibility. Coaches should consult the HP1 Certification Policy for more detail and information.
Coaches seeking certification at the HP1 level must do the following:
• Attend a 5 day clinic
• Complete and pass a written assignment
• Complete and pass a field evaluation of both practice and game
• Complete and pass Make Ethical Decisions (Competition-Development) online evaluation
• Complete and pass Leading Drug Free Sport online evaluation
• Complete and pass Managing Conflict online evaluations
• The inclass clinic provides the coach with the instruction and content to prepare him/her to pass the online evaluations in all three of the above topics.
• The online evaluations are accessed through the My Locker app on the Coach.ca website.
Curriculum for the HP1 program includes: