Development 1 Practice Evaluation
Field Evaluation Documents
The following documents are provided to support the coach in their field evaluation and provide insight into the evaluation process.
- Send your written assignment to HEO for marking within 30 days of the completion of the in-class portion.
- When notified of having passed the assignment send a request for a field evaluation to HEO’s Development Programs Officer Jeff Robert at email@example.com and attach your practice schedule.
- A field evaluator will be assigned. The evaluator will contact you and set up a time to attend a practice. You must be prepared to meet with the evaluator for at least 30 mins before AND after the practice.
- You must bring your practice plan AND a completed copy of your Emergency Action Plan (EAP) to the practice. Note - THE EVALUATION WILL NOT PROCEED WITHOUT BOTH.
- After the practice evaluation, the evaluator will send all necessary documentation to HEO. The evaluator will tell you immediately after the practice if you were succesful. If you are not successful then a second prcatice will be required.
- Field evaluations are only required for coaches that require certification. Coaches that only require to be trained at Dev 1 do not require field evaluations.
- For full Development 1 certification, you will also need to complete the online “Make Ethical Decisions - Competition Introduction” found at coach.ca. You will need to log in to "The Locker" using your CAC number and password.
- HEO HAS NO ACCESS TO NOR CONTROL OF CAC NUMBERS. FOR INFORMATION OR HELP, GO TO COACH.CA
- The assigned field evaluator is not likely to be the person who marked your written assignment. Keep in mind the field evaluation is only done if you’ve passed the written assignment.